Many servers have completed their anvil, and players are running around with their new spiffy epics. There are even a few servers who are charging forward and have reached phase four, and are now working on opening the Alchemy Lab. Once formed, the Alchemy Lab will give players the ability to purchase epic gems from badges.
Please note, this email is not spam. You are receiving this newsletter because you have purchased something from one of our hosted sites and your account is set to receive service and product update announcements. If you do not wish to receive our newsletter or updated information about the product you have purchased, please see the link at the bottom of this email for removal instructions.
WotlK Alpha Testing, Season 4 Arena Gear, First Sunwell Plateau Gate Opened
- Epic Gems Only 10 Badges – When Proudmoore reached Phase 4 of the Shattered Sun offensive, the epic gems became viewable on the Armory. For right now it looks like the cost of the epic gems has been reduced from 15 to 10 Badges. This is not confirmed on live servers, and you should wait to get overly excited until Proudmoore or another server close behind them finishes the Alchemy lab and can buy the gems.
- Wrath of the Lich King: Alpha Testing – Blizzard began Alpha testing for the expansion this past week. Alpha testing only includes blizzard employees for the most part, and all participating members have had to sign a Non-disclosure Agreement. It is extremely doubtful we will even get a single screenshot leak from Alpha testing. We will keep you informed on beta testing, it should be coming sometime in the near future!
- Agamath, The First Gate Now Open – Blizzard opened up the first gate inside Sunwell Plateau, this gives players access to a new boss called the Twin Eredar. Nihilum registered the world first kill earlier this week, with Premonition registering the US first kill the very next day. Congratulations to both guilds!
- Onyxia Attunement will not be Removed – Players will have to keep killing Rend and Drakkisath for their Onyxia Attunement, Blizzard stated this week they have no intentions of changing the requirements for this Raid encounter. Many players now use this encounter as a way to make some extra gold each week, and since the quest line is such a pain they were hoping for a change to the attunement.
- Thori’dal, the Stars Fury Preview – This is the Legendary bow that will presumably drop from Kil’jaeden in the Sunwell Plateau. It looks as if the arrows you shoot will have a glowing effect that is really cool. You can check out the video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v
- Arena Tournament Realms Bug – It seems that Blizzard forgot to allow Tauren Druids to train Cure Poison on the Tournament Realms. They also said that it will not be fixed for quite some time, if it is fixed at all. This is a slight nerf, but druids will mainly use Abolish Poison anyway in most cases. However it is nice to Abolish then Cure Poison spam to strip off poisons really fast.
- Season 4 Rating Requirements – It was also discovered this week by looking through the Armory that Season 4 Shoulders will require a 2200 Personal rating. I have talked to a lot of the top arena players and have not found a single person who thinks this is a reasonable requirement. In fact, one player stated that he received Gladiator with a 2306 rating. Also if you look at the top 20 teams in each battlegroup for 5v5 they are barely over the 2200 rating! So Blizzard only wants the top 20 teams to get shoulders, expect this to get lowered before season 4 is released.